These children of mine are finally starting to eat mixed foods (I've been trying for a good 5 years now). I wasn't sure it would go over well today, but it did!
Broccoli, Turkey, and Rice Casserole
1 large head of broccoli, cut in bite-sized pieces (steamed)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 1/2 cups milk
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
Pepper, to taste
2 cups shredded old cheddar, reserve 1/2 cup
2 cups cooked turkey
2 cups cooked rice, basmati
1. Steam the broccoli, throw in casserole dish. Add in cooked turkey and cooked rice, mix together.
2. In a small saucepan bring the can of soup, milk, onion, garlic and pepper to a simmer. Add 1 1/2 cups of cheddar, whisk in until smooth.
3. Add the sauce to the casserole dish and mix until completely mixed.
4. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Put in 350F oven for about 20 minutes.
5. Serve with a green veggie or salad. My girls mixed their peas in with their serving!